I think it’s important for my clients to get to know me before they meet me. Especially those who book from far away or online. Here is more than you (probably) ever wanted to know about me…
I cannot live without my hair straightener. Or my boyfriend, Brayton. Not exactly in that order. I love dogs. I ‘awww’ more over dogs than I do babies. I could spend hours at garage sales. Brayton has tried to stop me from going because I bring home what he calls, “random junk,” but to me it’s a treasure. I’m a neat freak. I love organization. My mom is one of my best friends. I am allergic to ice cream. My two best girlfriends live in Chicago and I miss them everyday. I love the fall and apple picking.
I just realized this is way to many photos of me…
I also really want o go on Inside the Actor’s Studio. Although not being an actor, nor ever planning to be, I know I’ll never be on the show. But I can still answer the Proust questions and pretend like James Lipton is asking them.
1. What is your favorite word? Now. I love immediacy. I’m impatient and always looking for the fastest way to get somewhere, do something, etc. Don’t ever ask me to wait in a line…
2. What is your least favorite word? No. I don’t like to be told no. I like to break the rules.
3. What turns you on? Smile. Humor. People with a strong sense of who they are. I love when Brady looks at me and smiles because he’s either laughing with his “I can’t believe you said/did that” look or he’s shaking his head because I just asked him a really stupid question. (which happens more than you’d think…)
4. What turns you off? Selfishness.
5. What sound or noise do you love? This is really dorky but… the quiet sound of a photo dark room. The sound of the enlarger dials turning and the slow flow of the swishing chemicals. It’s peaceful to me and made me ok with being alone and with complete darkness.
6. What sound or noise do you hate? The backup siren on trucks. Could they make a more annoying sound?!
7. What is your favorite curse word? The F word for sure. It just has a good impact. But I rarely ever swear in my professional life. There is no need for it.
8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt? English professor or just someone who gets to travel a lot and write about it. But not anywhere smelly with a lot of bugs.
9. What profession would you not like to do? Construction worker. I’d probably hammer something wrong on the first day. Or anything related to numbers or math.
10. If Heaven exists (and I believe it does), what would you like to hear God say to you when you arrive? “Welcome Home.”